Buy 20 mg Levitra Online
|Starts In||30 Minutes To 1 Hour|
|Lasts Long||Up To 5 Hours|
How It Works
Levitra 20 mg is a PDE 5 inhibitor that works by increasing the blood flow to the penis. It relaxes the muscles present in the walls of the blood vessels. The problem of erectile dysfunction (ED) causes constriction in the arteries resulting in an improper flow of blood. This happens due to the attack of an enzyme known as PDE 5 that destroys cGMP, a molecule that controls the dilation and contraction of blood vessels. Levitra 20 mg stops the action of PDE 5 and does not let it destroy cGMP. This allows more and more blood flow to the penis. Thus, pressure is created in the penis. This leads to an erection.
Levitra 20 mg is prescribed for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) – also known as impotence, it makes a man unable to achieve or sustain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse.
Levitra 20 mg tablet is recommended to be taken once per day. It should not be consumed more than once in 24 hours. It can be taken with or without food. It should be taken approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour before planned sexual activity.
Missed Dosage: This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are very less.
Overdose: An overdose of the drug can lead to serious side effects. If such a case arises, seek medical attention immediately.
Before you take Levitra 20 mg, tell your doctor:
- If you are allergic to Levitra or certain medications.
- If you take nitrates for chest pain.
- If you have a history of stroke, heart attack, or heart failure.
- If you suffer from diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, high blood cholesterol, etc.
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia.
- If you suffer from problems such as sickle cell anemia, or leukemia.
- If you have a physical deformity of the penis or Peyronie’s.
- If you have an eye-related disorder such as retinitis pigmentosa.
Some common side effects of Levitra 20 mg include:
- Blurred vision
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Sensitiveness to light
In some rare cases, side effects such as Priapism (a prolonged erection of more than 4 hours) and NAION (sudden vision loss in one or both eyes) can occur. If any of these problems persist for long, contact your doctor immediately.
If you take any herbal, OTC, recreational, or any other form of drugs, let your doctor know about them. Certain medications are known to affect the way Levitra 20 mg works.
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin and erythromycin
- Oral antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- HIV Protease inhibitors such as indinavir and ritonavir
- Beta-blockers such as atenolol
- Other medicines for ED
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol is known to increase the chances of experiencing side effects. Avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine.
- Keep the medicine away from heat, moisture, and light.
- Retain the original packaging of the medicine.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use the medicine past the expiration date.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the ideal dose of Levitra 20 mg?
The dose of Levitra 20 mg depends on the individual needs and how well they respond to the medication. The doctor may increase or decrease the dose based on the efficacy and tolerabiliity.
How long does Levitra 20 mg take to work?
Levitra 20 mg starts working within the first 60 minutes of consumption. Sexual stimulation is necessary for this drug to work properly.
- Ormrod D, Easthope SE, Figgitt DP. Vardenafil. Drugs Aging. 2002;19(3):217-27; discussion 228-9. doi: 10.2165/00002512-200219030-00005. Erratum in: Drugs Aging 2002;19(11):886. Erratum in: Drugs Aging. 2003;20(2):140. PMID: 12027779. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00002512-200219030-00005
- Wang H, Guo B, Huang Z, Zhao X, Ji Z. Vardenafil in the Treatment of Male Erectile Dysfunction: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Adv Ther. 2021 Feb;38(2):1301-1313. doi: 10.1007/s12325-020-01559-9. Epub 2021 Jan 11. PMID: 33432539. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12325-020-01559-9
- Ashour AE, Rahman AF, Kassem MG. Vardenafil dihydrochloride. Profiles Drug Subst Excip Relat Methodol. 2014;39:515-44. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-800173-8.00009-X. PMID: 24794912. Available from: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/B978012800173800009X?via%3Dihub
- Keating GM, Scott LJ. Vardenafil: a review of its use in erectile dysfunction. Drugs. 2003;63(23):2673-703. doi: 10.2165/00003495-200363230-00010. PMID: 14636086. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00003495-200363230-00010
- Crowe SM, Streetman DS. Vardenafil treatment for erectile dysfunction. Ann Pharmacother. 2004 Jan;38(1):77-85. doi: 10.1345/aph.1D019. PMID: 14742800. Available from: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1345/aph.1D019
- Sofikitis N, Kaltsas A, Dimitriadis F, Rassweiler J, Grivas N, Zachariou A, Kaponis A, Tsounapi P, Paterakis N, Karagiannis A, Skouros S, Giannakis I, Champilomatis I, Paschopoulos M, Daphnis D, Giakoumakis I, R Gabales M, M Chua JB, Lantin Iii PL, Mamoulakis C, Takenaka A. The Effect of PDE5 Inhibitors on the Male Reproductive Tract. Curr Pharm Des. 2021;27(23):2697-2713. doi: 10.2174/1381612826666200226121510. PMID: 32101115. Available from: https://www.eurekaselect.com/article/104866
- Pyrgidis N, Mykoniatis I, Haidich AB, Tirta M, Talimtzi P, Kalyvianakis D, Ouranidis A, Hatzichristou D. The Effect of Phosphodiesterase-type 5 Inhibitors on Erectile Function: An Overview of Systematic Reviews. Front Pharmacol. 2021 Sep 7;12:735708. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.735708. PMID: 34557099; PMCID:PMC8452927. Available from: https://diabetesjournals.org/care/article/26/3/777/29274/Vardenafil-a-New-Phosphodiesterase-Type-5